Tuesday, November 20, 2007

i am the

parenting moment--

my almost three-year-old was in a mood. fighting back on whatever--what was chosen for lunch, what movie to watch, naptime...and we won't even go into potty training. i was about up to here with it and in a prime moment when i let colin know we needed to go upstairs because we needed to pick up, he sassed right back.

'no' in a most emphatic tone--with eyebrows furrowed and grumpy eyes.

i told him again and he was even more emphatic with me 'no...i not go...you don't boss me.'

mom lost it. 'we are going upstairs. you DO NOT talk back to me like that--i am the mom.'

his reply (with finger pointed back at me, borderline yelling at me): 'i am the colin'

yes, you are sweetie.
i have to admit, i laughed--then he laughed--and amazingly enough, went upstairs.

sad thing is...when he is about to get into trouble now, he looks at you, gets his pointer finger out and says boldly "i am the colin".

hate to say--makes me smile every time :)

No comments: