Monday, October 15, 2007

it's a rainy day and a monday

today is one of those days that i wish i could have just stayed in bed.
we've had gloomy, wet weather for days and i just want to see some sunshine and bask in the colors of fall.
(don't think i would fare well for an extended stay in seattle)
time seems to have come to a standstill and it seems like life is just extra-difficult right now.
normally, i would consider myself more of an idealist--one who sees that the best of everything is possible. i don't think i consider myself that today.

the cold medicine i'm taking isn't working.
my job didn't seem fulfilling today when it so often does.
it seems as though i've been cleaning for days and my house is a mess.
i've grocery shopped and cooked, but there's nothing to eat.
a prognosis for my father-in-law at the hospital isn't exactly optimistic.
my kids are maxed and tired, yet my little one took almost two hours to fall asleep.
in the Bible, God tells me who i am, yet i don't feel those things today at all.

i could sing like annie and bellow that 'the sun'll come out tomorrow'
but today i'll sing like the carpenters that 'rainy days and mondays always get me down'.

i know it's just a mood, a deep emotional funk.
(the idealist is creeping in...deep down i know that
tomorrow is a new day where all kinds of things are possible.)

but...today is a rainy day and a monday and we'll leave it at that.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down. (sorry, couldn't help myself)

Glad you could get those feelings out on virtual paper, now they can blow away.

Kristin said...

Virtual paper is nice, isn't it?!
Sadly, the song has been stuck in my head and it is Wednesday.
Need to come up with a Wednesday song...