Thursday, December 20, 2007

unnoticed

no fanfare
no red carpet
no media
nothing obvious

it blows my mind to think that God entered this world
in the most unnoticed of ways.

no grandeur
no phenomenal signs or wonders
nothing to set Him apart

God entered the world
through a frail teenage girl.
He came in unexpected ways.
He came unnoticed.

eventually there would be signs.
there would be angels and shepherds
worshipping at His feet.
there would be dignitaries from afar
bearing gifts.

but He came in unnoticed

do we notice Him now?
do we notice all that He has done?
do we notice all that He is doing?
are we aware of what He is going to do?

i don't want Him
to be unnoticed in my life

God, keep me tender
to notice you at work
not only in my life,
but in all those around me.

i don't want You
to be unnoticed in my life

No comments: