Tuesday, November 18, 2008

seriously stylish

my almost four year old has been expanding his vocabulary lately.  kids are little sponges, soaking the world in around them.  it has been fun to talk and to figure out his understanding of the world around him.

a couple days ago, i rearranged colin's room to make it 'new' for his birthday week.  yesterday, i was cleaning windows when he came up behind me and asked me this question:
"mom, do you think my room is stylish?" 
my reply: "stylish?  well...  ahhh...what do you think 'stylish' is?"
colin: "stylish means it is very clean."
my reply: "then, yes, it is stylish right now.  we'll ask that again in ten minutes!"

this morning, colin came up to me and said "mom, i am seriously ready to go."
"seriously, colin?"
"seriously, mom."
he proceded to use 'seriously' in as many sentences as possible today.

i seriously loved it! :)

No comments: