Tuesday, March 2, 2010

falling facedown

this morning at church, i was reminded of something that God has taught me before but that i needed to hear again.

"in God's economy, the way up is down." (quoted from Beth Moore)
that is: the way of being closer to God is to lay down in humility, physically lay facedown in worship.

there is something in the actual physical act of laying facedown before God. for me, it helps me to surrender to Him completely. i cannot hold on to one tiny piece of anything when i am on my face before God. it makes it easier for me to completely surrender to God and what He desires. i admit that it has been months since i have done this physical act of worship. it makes me sad that i so quickly leave someOne when i know what it is that i need to do.

i know what i want and need to do this afternoon...

No comments: