Wednesday, April 16, 2008

struggles

struggle.  the word keeps coming to mind lately.

there have been so many conversations lately about the struggles we are in--

at a distance, i think of the war going on in places far away and the impact it has close to home.
i think of those children that will not survive today because they are struggling with hunger.
i think of the political realm and people striving to come out on top, making promises that they will have to struggle to keep once they are in office.

closely, i think of friends who are working through tough things, loved ones who have decisions to make, kids who are growing, learning lessons and taking new steps each day.  we all can remember how we struggle through growing up.

personally, i think of the struggles i have been journeying through over the past few years and how God proves His faithfulness day by day.  i think of how i struggle to be the kind of woman God wants me to be when my selfishness and desires can get in the way so easily.  i struggle with how life moves so quickly when there are times i just want to slow down and savor small moments.

and then God reminds me of how His Son struggled while He was on this planet for a brief time.  Jesus was perfect, yet struggled.  He grew tired, weary...i'm sure He was impatient a time or two as He tried to explain things to His disciples that they just didn't get.  He questioned.

i don't know why that comforts me, but it does--to know that someone who is perfect struggles too.  makes me feel like i don't have to have it all pulled together.  i can let my struggles be known and can slowly work my way through them, coming out on the other side just a little bit more like Him.

i struggle with the thought of that too, but in a good way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.