Tuesday, June 10, 2008

through the sprinkler

it's warmer today.  needed to get out and just play--always a good thing!  we filled up the kiddie pool and got the sprinkler out and had our own little water park in the backyard.  boys had fun, dog had fun, mom had fun.

running through the sprinklers was always a summer favorite at my house growing up.  at first it would be just running through to cool off, then different games would start--avoiding the sprinkler, could only go under the water, etc.--then adaptations of things would happen, like making obstacle courses or pretending like you're in a scene from a movie.

without any encouragement, my boys did the same thing.  cool off, could only go under the water, then an obstacle course, then mimicing a video game...  made me feel like a kid all over again too.  too much fun.

only bummer now is--it takes me a lot longer to get my hair done again.

No comments: