Monday, December 22, 2008

a prayer

Father God, i ask that you bring Truth into my life instead of the lies that so often fill this world.
i ask for peace that only You can give in the middle of chaos.
i ask for healing where there has been hurt.
i ask for humility, that i might know only who i am in You.
i ask for grace, that i might love with no record of wrongs like You do every moment.
i ask for mercy and forgiveness for all the things i have done wrong and apart from You.
i ask for joy in all circumstances, with eyes that i might see how You are working for good in all things.
i ask for a servant's heart, modeled and fashioned only after Jesus'.
i ask for tenderness, that no bitterness takes root in my life because of the hard things in life.
i ask for the capacity to love unconditionally like You have done through Your Son.
i ask for strength to stand for You and Your Truths because it is impossible to do it alone.
i ask for eyes to see all Your works, the beautiful details and creativity that we can not fathom fully unless You open our eyes to see.
i ask for wisdom and knowlege to live by each day.
i ask for self-control when i want to do things my way instead of following Your commands and examples.
i ask for quiet moments each day where i can hear You whisper into my life.
i ask for understanding as i walk through each day.
i ask for purpose, that i might know and do all that You want to do through me as i serve You.
i ask for You to help me be all that You created me to be each and every day.

i come not asking these things on my behalf, i come asking Jesus, my Savior, who is the only perfect One and the only who can come to You and ask these things.  i ask them in His name, trusting in the work He did on the cross on my behalf, wholly fearful, wholly grateful, and with my whole-heart.

in Jesus' name...amen.

No comments: