Wednesday, December 10, 2008

a good cry

a christmas card set me to tears today.  a christmas card in my mom's writing, but from my grandma and grandpa had me in tears.  my grandma cannot write like she used to (or drive or clean or...).  she needed my mom to help her do christmas cards this year.  i am so honored to have my mom as my mom--she has been modeling selfless love through caring for her parents--traveling and cleaning, errands and conversation.  the card makes me so sad because it is a reminder of how things are changing (as they inevitably do). but the rapid deterioration of my grandparents health is what make the change so hard to watch and experience.

i am glad the card came today.  i just needed a good cry.
sick kid.  incredibly busy and stressful work week.  some built up emotions and heartache.  maxed kids and pets--and we are only on wednesday!  tears helped.  to get some of that emotion just out.  i do not understand everything i was crying about today--i just know i needed to do it.

No comments: