Friday, January 18, 2008

king of the mountain

i love my cat.  i need to clarify that he is definitely my cat--he'll tolerate everyone else, but he loves and abuses me differently than everyone else.  if he's upset, he'll let me know.  if he's in a lovey-dovey kind of mood, he'll let me know that too.  

he's a big cat--not fat really, just big boned.  (really)  he's probably 12-13 pounds and makes my mom's cat look like a large rat.  he's just big.

one of his favorite traits--he must dominate the room.  he likes to play king of the mountain per se.  he has to sit on the back of the couch so he can see everything that takes place.  we have a spot in the hallway that covers four directions--that's where he plops down, so he knows exactly where everyone is.  he is the master of all laundry piles--if there is a clean basket, waiting to be folded--he is there protecting it by sitting on top.  if there are clean clothes folded and laying on our bed to be put away, he's all over that--laying amidst it to make sure it goes no where.  if i am laying down, he must come and lay on top of me--maybe it's affection, but i'm sure it's just to prove his manly dominance and to prove that he truly is king.

he's definitely got a personality all his own...

No comments: