Friday, January 25, 2008

simple words

i ran into one of my son's teachers at a store while running errands.  it was good conversation and reminded me of something--how quickly we forget to say thank you.  this teacher felt unappreciated and at the end.  during our conversation, i just kept thinking about how it is january and when was the last time i sent a note of encouragement?  

i delayed a few days--just busy doing my 'normal' things--but then took just a small amount of time to send e-mails to all of carter's teachers--classroom teacher, principal, expressive arts teachers--nothing fancy, just an e-mail saying how grateful we are and a specific or two about the impact they are having in carter's life.  my goal was just to remind them that what they do--investing in children, specifically my child--makes a difference.

i have been humbled with the e-mails i received in return.  i am reminded of how powerful two simple words are--thank you.

No comments: